Saturday, February 9

New Friends

You know the feeling you get when you start to make friends with someone new? Someone you think is just fun...someone you know you will laugh with and talk to and someone who will make your life better, even if just for a few minutes at a time at school or work? I love that feeling. It feels like 3rd grade. Being the new kid and meeting tall, sassy Danielle and realizing she could make me laugh HARD. I'm grateful for this feeling. Even more grateful for years down the road when the excitement has long since transformed to a calm, steady and peaceful assurance; and you recognize that some of these friends...have become your friends for life.

2 comments:

Maggs said...

I LOVE new friends...but old ones are great as well! I love you pal. Wish I got to spend time with you more often because you make me laugh like crazy! Luckily I can read your blog and reunite with that humor of yours.

Bonnie said...

Gosh, maybe I'm hormonal, but your blog just made me cry a little tear of happy-ness. :) I love you Jules! I remember those new feelings with you ... just hoping you'd be my friend! ANd how lucky I am to still have you in my life 7 years later! You're the best. And keep those funny kid stories coming... I want to die laughing when i read those!