Wednesday, November 12

I Fought the Law and The Law Won.

There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity. Today I spent a little time on each side of this line. It was Me vs. The State of Arizona (and Officer Krugar...possibly related to Freddy). I knew I was in trouble when he arrived with approximately 182 (okay, fine 6) pages of notes and certificates. I tried to uncrumple my ticket and hearing pages so my table would not look so naked....as his table was looking quite serious. No matter...he went first and used big words and even had something that would become "Exhibit A." At that point I began looking for the trap door button under my desk that would cause my disappearance from the courtroom.To make a long story short (and considerably less painful), the law (and Mr. Krugar) won. I am out $260. For all of you who may feel inclined to mock...don't laugh too hard...my little city court has the money that would have bought your Christmas present.
*This photo may not be an actual photo of Officer Krugar....but it comes close.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

OUCH!!

grandma blair said...

I think it is neat that you at least tried to take on the law! Too bad it didn't work out your way.

Maggs said...

so sorry Jules! You are a braver woman than I. I rear ended someone yesterday if it makes you feel any better...no ticket for it, but I did have to admit to my mistake in front of two police and the woman who insisted on calling them. I'm proud of you for trying!

Sher said...

Sorry, Pally - sounds like you got the meanest copper around! Better carry an Ensign with you next time...

Jennica said...

Sorry to hear that the law won! But, thanks for sharing. You are such a great writer---very entertianing! :)

CeeJ said...

In my world, you get points for trying. Good work! Too bad the trapdoor thing didn't work. You could have called the officer over to "ask him a question" before the judge came in. Then hit the secret button- and voila! No cop to testify against you!

Things work out so nice in my imagination. ;)

Mom B said...

So sorry you didn't win. But think of the court costs you saved:)

Linn said...

Okay, so you officially my favorite writer ever. True.