Sunday, October 31

Happy Halloween

Fun weekend. Megan and I set up a face-painting booth at the annual ward party. We were a big hit. We'd ask the kids "Do you want a ghost, pumpkin or a spider?" But apparently these kids know how to think for themselves. When one little boy said "Can I have a transformer?" I said "No problem, I'll give you one that is in "spider mode." Worked like a charm. Megan mastered the spider web, while mine looked much more like a wheel.

Was pretty proud of the mini-ladybug on the ladybug...very cute, right? I did some pretty stellar butterflies as well. However, Megan's skill level quickly exceeded my own and I got my feelings hurt when two 8-yr olds came to examine my work (at that moment, was painting a ghost)...the one little girl pointed to Megan and said while walking away from my side of the table: "Yeah, let's go to her, she's better." I wanted to say "HEY!! I'm sitting right here, I totally heard that! And Fine! See if I care! Did you see the ladybug?!?! I painted her face..." Don't worry, I walked it off..

Peter Pan/Andrew, my friend's little boy. Affectionately known as "Baby," and adored by every human who lays eyes on him. Adorable kid, even cuter personality...love him.


Megan and jr. apprentice Jules


The weekend also involved a hike...some time with my friend Cami and her family (including a brush with death, in the form of a black widow), dinner with Kathy and friends at her house...including a "not-so-haunted" haunted house. I will be honest....it was the BEST haunted house I've ever been to. Ever. It was in the garage, it was well-lit and I knew when the children (who were not in costumes resembling horror film creatures) were going to jump out at me and/or throw a blue plastic ball at my head. Loved it. Great weekend.

No comments: