Monday, November 1

Grateful for...Megan and Rachelle.

This month I'm going to try to post more frequently...focusing on the things/people I'm grateful for. First...my roommates...Megan and Rachelle. Love them. Love that Rachelle talks to herself and that I've learned to distinguish the "I'm talking to you Jules" voice vs. the "to myself or to my sandwich" voice. Love that Megan teaches kindergarten and loves kids like crazy (you know you're with a teacher when your hike involves stopping to pick up and take home 30 rocks). Love that we are all independant and do our own thing but that when we're together we have so much fun. Love that Rachelle speaks Spanish and that Megan loves to hike. Love that their motto is "We Do Hard Things." Love that they love health and exercise but also can sit at the kitchen table and laugh while we share whatever treat one of us has acquired. Love that they both love me even though we've concluded that it is I who seems to have a problem slamming cupboard doors (especially if it is while they happen to both be sleeping)...good news, I am working on this-I'd say I'm 79% improved. Love that they are sisters but include me in what they do, including family parties, etc. Love that we "get" each other. Love that they don't judge me for having a perpetually cluttered bedroom...which I generally attribute (falsely) to its size (yes, it is exactly 10x10).

Love that when Megan asked if we could go take pictures at the new temple site I complained...asked to reschedule twice...and when we actually went and did it tonight, I acted about as difficult as I usually do (see below for photo evidence) when my mom attempts the "family picture" thing. (See Mom, don't feel bad, it's not just for you).As we were standing there in that dirt (and I was embarrassed at the traffic that I was SURE was wondering why all the mormons were lining up on a Sunday afternoon to take pictures of a dirt field, not unlike many other dirt fields in the city)...As we laughed and teased (okay, and had fun...) I was thinking "these two really are my "family" here and I love them..." and then I got a little sad realizing that I won't always be living with them.


So. I'm grateful for living with two sisters who feel like my sisters...grateful that our home is peaceful and that despite the less-than-ideal circumstances for us all...we are absolutely...a family.

3 comments:

Maggs said...

SO cute Jules! Love that you have good roommates and especially that one of them is named Megan! You look so great and happy. I love you pal!

grandma blair said...

what a great post, reminds me that I need to be grateful for everyone around me.

red said...

Okay Julie even though you're crosseyed in that picture you look super hot :)