Friday, November 5

Grateful for...Friends and Stuff

so. the thing is, sometimes life is just so good. a miracle didn't happen, i didn't win a bajillion dollars, i don't have a new boyfriend, i still do not run 7-minute miles, and i'm not yet at my goal weight...and my hair still sometimes decides to be curly when i've declared it a NOT curly day.


BUT...i do have amazing friends. like "too good to be true" friends. some i see often, some i see very rarely, but i am just lucky. i have friends who think deeply and laugh with me about "reeeee-diculous" happenings and friends whose darling babies call me "jew-ee blayo" or wink at me from their booster seats. (are you KIDDING ME...that was for sure a highlight of the year...darling blond big brother responding with a silent and oh-so-adorable wink and half-smile instead of a hello when i got in the car and said hi to him!). friends who live in utah and have darling children who sing "happy birthday dear jules" at everyone else's birthday party for months after jules' birthday passes.

i have a little sister whose cats "text" me on a regular basis and crack me up with their humor which is remarkably similar to that of their owner/mother, i have big sisters who teach me about hair, jewelry, shopping, boys and the importance of being grateful for the opportunity in my life at present to sleep (and go to the bathroom/read/shower/do anything without interruption from darling children) as much as i want. i have old friends that are so easy to be with and talk to, and new friends that i can't get enough of.

i have a job i really love. i live 2 blocks from sprouts where they sell the best apples (and produce in general) in the world. i own a bike and a car. i get to hike most every saturday all winter long. i have lunch every workday with a co-worker and friend that i adore...who keeps me sane, makes me laugh and is such an incredible sounding board for things both clinical and personal. i have 9 adorable nieces and nephews, including brand-new baby twin nephews and another new nephew...all of whom i'll get to meet in just a few weeks. i am friends with nutella. i have almost mastered consistency in tricking my dying toaster into actually toasting (not CHARRING) my bread...setting 2 and 3/4ths). my webelos are all on track, the church is still true, i survived teaching my isaiah lessons and i am sleeping in flannel sheets. life is good.

3 comments:

Mom B said...

It makes me happy to see all that you are grateful for. I am really grateful for YOU!

Sher said...

I just love you, Pally. I'm grateful that you make such great efforts to love everything and everyone that your loved ones love --- and I'm grateful that you remember to get to the bottom line. Besitos!

Jamie Pearce said...

I love you Jules! You are so fabulous. I am thankful for you even though I get to so you rarely. But, just know I adore you. Thanks for this post.