Thursday, June 21

Helly Hill

Made up a new game today...as I'm sure you've already figure out...it's called "Helly Hill." (Please don't be offended by the h-word. Hell is a place and I'm sure it's chock full of steep and never-ending hills for the more athletic sinners...wait, I mean for the less-athletic sinners. The athletic ones are probably NOT allowed to exercise).

This is how it goes. Find a hill. Find 10 rocks. Start at the bottom of the hill with one of the rocks in your hand. Run to the top, set rock down. Run back down. Repeat X 9. Rules are: you have to run up the hills...always. Every time. No matter what. You can run or walk down. Be prepared for passers-by to stare when they see you stop running to set a rock down in a straight line next to 9 others. They'll wonder about that all day. And you'll smile that you conquered your own Helly Hill!

Before any smart alecs comment and tell me these are ladders...or the shuttle run...or any of the other 29 possible names...and that this is not an original idea...I know, I know. But calling it "Helly Hills?" that is ALL me! :)


4 comments:

Regina said...

I like it! It TOTALLY would be a helly hill if I tried to run up it.

Kurt said...

Uhhh...that looks a lot like your driveway. Are you sure that counts as a hill? C'mon now. Reminds me of another guy who ran around the block ten times then decided to put it back in the toy box. You and him should get together for a run. Ha ha ha!!!!

Anna said...

I think I like your idea. and i think i'll copy....my driveway kind of has a slant

Jules said...

Kurt and Anna...you're both punks! I dare you to try this on a real hill...at a park....like I did. People stare a little when they see you set your 10th rock down....