Saturday, June 9

The Haircut

There's a reason their website tries to get you to relax. Unfortunately by the time I realized this, I was already strapped in the chair.

Shevon began by saying "Yeah, when I moved out here they told me to watch out for Indians and Mormons." While she told me about her fears about Mormons and Indians, she began the haircut by putting curl.life contouring cream in my hair. This both perplexed and worried me greatly. I have this very product in my bathroom, but I could not figure out how it would be essential to be putting GEL in my hair prior to cutting it. I tried to calm my worries by reminding myself that "it's just hair, it'll grow back." When Shevon dropped the comb she was using I grew more concerned. I tried to remember if Cheryl Bailey ever dropped a comb.

I let Shevon go on for about 9 of the 11 minutes of my haircut, when I asked her "Well, so what do you think about the Mormons now?" She said "Oh, they just people, you know? They not so bad." I said "Well, good because you're cutting a Mormon's hair right now." She laughed nervously and said "Okay, okay...that's cool, that's cool."
I'll let you know after I attempt to do it today if I tipped her too much.

No comments: