Saturday, September 8

You learn something new every day...

Today I learned a very suprising thing. I like to golf. I decided to go to the "K Porter (bishopric member) Invitational" and since we were playing "best ball," it wouldn't matter if I wasn't good. And it's good because I wasn't good. But I had a great time. I will not deny that WATCHING golf is exceedingly boring. But playing golf is actually kind of fun...and hard. The Sunland Golf Village Club is a great deal; short course, not crowded and only $15 if you don't mind playing golf in 104 degrees. Gonna get a smidge more expensive here come October, but still. I just might take lessons...

2 comments:

Mom B said...

Hey Cutie,
I'm so glad you are enjoying golf; I did take lessons, you know, and I'm pretty good. (he, he - where's the smiley face when I need it?) Did you know that my mom and dad lived in Sunland Village (across the street from the golf course)? Small world, huh? Keep at it Jules and make us proud!

Bonnie said...

Jules!! It's funny you talk about this because Jon is a golfer and I refuse to go. I went to hit a bucket of balls once with some dude and I nearly killed him. Not one ball got off the ground... I've decided that since I can't hit a ball off a tee that golfing a real game would be futile. Is that true? Or is there some secret you can share with me? :)