Saturday, March 22

They're back. Number 63.

Well, our pest control people told us that scorpions start coming around after it hits 85 degrees. Sure enough...a few days ago we were there and today Nat found our 63rd. It's seriously getting old. From now until November, every little string, hair, or moment of breezy air on my bare feet makes me crazy in thinking I'm about to be stung (killed) by a scorpion. We may be moving out though...so we'll see.

Next, this has nothing to do with scorpions, but just a request for my readers who frequent the gym. A little treadmill rule...when there are TWENTY-SIX treadmills, NEVER jump on one directly next to an exerciser already in progress when there are TWENTY-FIVE others UNOCCUPIED. I feel strongly about this. Let's use the "every other one" rule...like men at the movies...no need to be cramped at the gym. This week I found an "out of order" sign on a treadmill and felt very tempted to steal it and make a copy so I could put them on the machines on each side of mine in hopes of avoiding such moments. For the love people.

Other than that, life is good. I'm more than halfway to my goal of 150 miles in 12 weeks...the 1/2 marathon is in 6 weeks...my left foot seems to be back to normal and my bellybutton is healing up.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey Jules! Way to go on the running! I'm getting there... but I want to know - What happened to your belly button that required it to heal up? Did you get a piercing?? :)

Michelle said...

I was thinking the same thing... Is there something about Julie I don't know. Did she get a piercing or maybe you have an outie and it's been rubbing on your shirt while you have been running. Um, I think you should fill us in.

I totally agree with the everyother rule. I hate when the entire gym is empty and they get on the machine next to you.

Anna said...

i hate it when people in general think you want to talk to them. Grocery lines, air planes, moms at the park and treadmills at the gym. I don't want to talk to you. I like your idea of the out of order sign. Sorry about the scorpion. I'd totally freak out.

Mom B said...

Did you injure your belly button and your forehead? Was it at the same time? (Wish I could have been there!) Did you get the pooping easter bunny I sent you?

Sharon Blair said...

Julie,
I got chills all over when I read about your scorpion's, are they in your apartment? Yuck!!
Way to go on your running, I need to follow your example.