Sunday, May 18

Better than Cake?

Today I turned 30. While many things happened, this video depicts what I feel most people will remember as the "take home message" of the birthday party. There were many delicious food choices available tonight (cake, ice cream, fruit, vegetables, etc). But for Mark, husband of my darling friend Cami...those simply would not do and he chose to impress the guests by eating a live scorpion. I had a feeling that things would take a dangerous turn when the men and boys asked to borrow the black light...so yeah. I pretty much lost all control of my own party but will go down for having maybe one of the coolest birthdays in history. Thanks Mark!

I had a great birthday weekend...more photos and stories to come.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like fun, but I think I would have gone for the cake. Happy Happy Birthday Julie dear.

Mom B said...

OK, YOU WIN, Your blog is the closest thing to Fear Factor! But I'm glad you had a fun birthday and were spoiled by all of your friends! I love ya lots, and can't wait until SAT!!

Suz said...

Jules- happy Birthday! I have to say that is one of the creepiest things I have read in a while, please do not try that at home! Yuck! Glad they could make your birthday memorable though! Can't wait to see you in like 6 days!

Anna said...

happy happy birthday. Glad to know people came to your party. :) Exciting. Gross though.

Jules said...

Michelle, yes the cake was a better choice.

Mom and Suz...it was gross...agreed. And I'm excited to see you both Saturday! Vamos a Mexico!

Anna-I too am glad people came to my party. My 16th was quite a disappointment...I'm just barely shaking that off. ;)

Maggs said...

Jules! How cool is that? I love it. I'm glad you had a great birthday party. Jealous that you are headed to Mexico. SOunds like fun!

grandma blair said...

Julie,
Happy Birthday!! So glad you had a happy day!! I am really excited for you and your family to go to Mexico...Have an awesome time.
Did you mom tell you we already go fun stuff for the 4th of July?

Kasey and Jim said...

Jules! I'm a horrible friend! I've been meaning to call you for 3 days now to wish you a happy birthday! My to-do list is just a little bit too long nowadays. Sorry! Hope that it was a great birthday filled with lots of cake and very few scorpions. :)

Sher said...

Well now that's one way to help control to scorpion population. Sick dog!! Love you, pally! And I'll have you know I haven't made one single "old" comment about your age! Ok, until now.