Sunday, May 11

To My Kool-Aid Mom

This is my cute mom. And this is a darling picture of her...on one of her recent trips...in tulip country...in Montana, Canada, or Oregon....where were you Mom and why do I keep forgetting? Well, no matter. It's darling and I have it on my desktop and I love it. It makes me miss home and Sunday nights with grilled cheese and a movie. I'm excited to see you in Mexico in just two weeks.

As Mother's Day is here I'm using blog time to tell you all that I love my mom. She is darling and thoughtful and thinks of the cutest, kindest things to do...from green pancakes for every St. Patrick's Day to red heart Valentine's pj pants on my mission (those were just barely retired Mom) and everything in between.

A few things you might need to know about her...
1-She has a darling dimple on her cheek below her right eye. My niece Ashley has inherited it also and I love it on both of them.
2-She is what you might call a "city girl" but has been known to use the term "muscle it" whenever she's been faced with physical feats...such as driving a 4-wheeler or pretty much anything that involves being out-of-doors with my father.
3-We had a lot of fun but don't think it was all fun and games, I suffered through miserable years of having to re-do jobs such as the bathroom or cleaning out the junk that took turns living in my closet or under my bed... don't worry, I am DANG good at getting even the little knobbies at the back of the toilet...and I know how to make the bathroom sparkle. I'll freely admit my bathroom is not always as clean as hers are...but I know how and take pride in my abilities. For that I'm grateful.
4-She loves surprises. She probably gets less sleep than most small children on Christmas Eve.
5-She is loved by lots of people...including me.

Happy Mother's day to you mom...also to the many people in my life whose mothering affects my life as well as the lives of many others. I love you all...

3 comments:

Mom B said...

May I be the first to comment on your sweet blog! I got all weepy for about the 3rd time today! I had a wonderful day and I will explain further in my blog soon. I can't wait to see you Jules, my hands are cold...

grandma blair said...

Julie,
What a sweet tribute to your ever so sweet Mom...you are the best!

Anna said...

Man Jules, you made the rest of us look bad! :) Wish we were all as cleaver as you. Your mom is very special and you are very lucky. :)