Thursday, May 22

Better Every Year

As this first photo depicts, I may be 30 but I am obviously no worse for the wear...obviously.

I am 30. What does that mean? Well, I'm in a new age bracket for running...that is something. I figure if I keep this running thing up I'll be placing in my age group by about...55. So stick with me on this folks...

My birthday weekend was amazing...full of friends, my AZ families, ice cream, swimming, pure cane soda with twist off lids, fun presents, texts and phone calls.
Sunday was the real day...I was 100% narcoleptic in church and everyone was exceptionally gentle about this. Party that night with friends/AZ family that obviously included the eating of at least one scorpion and also some cake and ice cream. Natals EXCEEDED all expectations when she appeared with her balloon arch extraordinare (see photo). Also in this photo is Amsers, my SDOA (Slide Divers of America) teammate.

I missed all my family and friends in Utah and wished I could have had everyone all together but I am so grateful for what I do have here. I am loved and lucky and very happy.
Including a few photos...just for fun. Thanks to everyone for the fun...calls, texts, presents, coming to the party/ies and really just for being such amazing people. Love you all.

8 comments:

Maggs said...

You look so beautiful! I wish I could have been there to help you celebrate...30 really isn't too bad. And I totally know what you mean about the new age bracket for running! So fun. Love you pal!

Mom B said...

A fun party for a fun girlio! Thanks for sharing it with us! Jeff & Kim have joined the blogging world - it is kim-theblairblog.blogspot.com so check it out!! See you in 24!

Sher said...

Love seeing all the pics from the festivities!! And way to go, Natals, on the balloon decor!! That was amazing! Be safe in Mexico - que te vaya bien! Besitos...

Anna said...

Jules you make a foxy 30 year old. Looks like you are very very loved. So fun. Enjoy

red said...

I think you look cuter than ever. And that's saying something you were a pretty cute little kid :)

Kathryn Crouse said...

Hey Julie! Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a crazy party! Areta was telling me all about it. Hope it was a great day. It's been fun getting to know you little by little. You are such a fun person :) Hopefully see you soon! Feel free while they are on trek to drop them off at my house if and when you need a break or the kids want to play!

Anna said...

jules. I've been patiently waiting for a mexico post. please provide. :)

Linn said...

I missed it? Blast. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Times twelve years.