Sunday, July 27

Oh Man!

This picture accurately displays what I remember about the incident. A flash of lights, a shiny cycle, a faceless man and a moment of ugliness.

Yes. I got a ticket. Did I deserve it? Possibly. It's just that I was late for girl's night and was on some dumb road too far away from where I was headed and...either way, I broke the law and must suffer the consequence. Which in this case means cough up $177 or $133 and 4 hours in a class for other felons like myself. (Okay, so I'm not a felon but it felt like it).

Not only did the Ensign NOT save me this time, I also had the bad fortune of not having my insurance card with me. SHEESH. Double bad.

And quite honestly, I may go to jail after someone catches me using this copyrighted photo. Here I'll give credit. It's from fotosearch.com. Or you can get it straight from google images like I did. See, no jail time required.

For the record. I have been pulled over only 4 times in my 14 years as a conscientous and safe driver. I received tickets only 2 of of those times. Neither ticket was for heinous crimes...just a smidge of speeding. I am obviously all about full disclosure here. Don't judge. Maybe you've never even been pulled over...but don't get a big head. Maybe you've killed more bugs or let a door crash behind you in front of a little grandma or something equally wicked. We all have our stuff.

On the bright side, once I got to girls night...it was a splendid success. 24 hours of nothing but fun...punctuated with me occassionally remembering and lamenting that I got a ticket. Luckily my girls night friend happens to be a therapist and was willing to let me process my crime and its consequences all through our time together. Therapists make the best of friends!

More later. Big things to tell you people. Just a hint...new job, new house, new ward...

13 comments:

Suz said...

So sorry to hear about the ticket- it happens to the best of people! But on the other hand- what's with the cliffhanger? New job?!? New House!?!? You can't just leave your faithful readers hanging- we want answers! I look forward to future posts.
Oh and as always, if you need anything, just let me know! ;)

Sher said...

What about the new boyfriend?? When are we going to hear more about him?!

Jules said...

Suz-do not fret. I will give the people what they want...but as I recall, we've been waiting since about March for Rand to post a new Cayden Cam video...so can you prod him along with that? And...thanks for always being there for me...I'll let you know if I need anything.

Sher, we can't overwhelm the people with too much info. All in time, all in time.

Leah said...

Therapists do make the best friends. :) I want to know all your news too! No more scorpion house?

grandma blair said...

Wow, cliff hanger is right. Tickets are not a lot of fun, but I can't wait to hear all your other fun news.

Michelle said...

so this is just mean. I anxiously await your next post ;)

Maggs said...

What!?!? you must share your news Jules, we are all dying in anticipation. I hope you are doing GREAT beside the ticket...you are an awesome driver, it must have just been some freak thing for you to get pulled over. Much Love!

Mom B said...

So sorry about the ticket Jules... And so excited about your new stuff. And I want to hear more about the new boyfriend, or do I have to get it from Sher? Jeff's family is here until Sat so I'm on a little blogging hiatus. But just want to say sorry to you Jules, Rand and Suz, Michelle and Collin, Daniel and Leanne and anyone else who may have been saddened by my Lava teaser blog. We miss you all already :(

Anna said...

jules, I unlike you have had several tickets. After I turned 25 I no longer could get away with my dumb blonde dialog to get out of the tickets, "What was I doing wrong officer?" Now they just give me a ticket and say "Slow down mamm!"
Gosh, just tell us already!!!!

Rand said...

I got a ticket once.

CeeJ said...

:( Sorry you got pulled over!! It's happened to the best of us! :) And traffic school isn't really all that bad... as a matter of fact, I was just there a few months ago! ;) Good luck with all the upcoming changes! Hope you don't mind I'm crashing your blog! I want to stay up to date on the exciting cool life of Julie!!

Kim said...

Sorry about the ticket Jules. Can't say that I can actually relate (just kidding)but I do empathize with you. I hate paying money for dumb things like tickets or late fees. Anyway, glad you are not in jail. I'm anxious to hear about the new life you are leading now. Hope it is all going well and falling into place the way you want it to. I can't wait wait to hear more.

Jennica said...

You are SO funny! Loved the post. Sorry to hear about the ticket, but MAN I am glad that you gave credit to google for that picture. If you didn't I was going to turn you in myself. Can't wait to see your next post....