Tuesday, October 14

I Fought the Law and...(to be continued)...

I am a good person. I am a good person who sometimes gets a ticket. (Or in this case, two). First ticket covered by 4 torturous, yet reforming hours of traffic school which transformed me...yes, into a born-again safe driver, if you will. However, on September-something a tragedy happened and I had another brush with a motocop (Why are they always motocops??? I don't even get full-sized vehicles...). I was given a ticket and today went to court with a wonderful and moving monologue prepared to defend my innocence...or at least assist the judge in deciding that I do not deserve what I was given. Well, to my dismay, said monologue will be tucked away for 4 more weeks because we have to subpoena the motocop to come and defend himself in this case....to be held November 12th. I want you all to know this: I went approximately 10 years with ZERO brushes of the law and have recently had...well...two tickets. (The Ensign incident doesn't count here). I would invite you all to pray for me and my cause. Specifically I invite you to pray at 10am (Arizona time, please) on November 12th. Pray that I will represent good people everywhere who miss a sign and get punished with a $260 ticket (which as it turns out, is the highest fine you can get until you accidently kill a person...or have to go into the courtroom). Pray that there will be justice and mercy (maybe slightly more mercy). Pray that the cop will not show because he's busy moto-bullying others out on the streets of my serene town. I will keep you posted on how your prayers and my time spent googling "How to fight a ticket" work out for my benefit.

Much Love,
Jules

5 comments:

Maggs said...

oh jules! I'm so sorry. I have ridden with you enough to know how careful a driver you are. What is it with those arizona cops? Tiff got pulled over today, but told him about her "bad" day and he let her off!

grandma blair said...

$260 for a traffic ticket!!! I hope you win. I will be praying for you.

Mom B said...

We will pray for mercy to prevail in this case... Love you!

Suz said...

Jules,
So sorry to hear about the "incident" but on the other hand, I am happy to hear that we'll be seeing you in a few short weeks! Hopefully you will have good news to report at Thanksgiving dinner. :)

Maggs said...

I love the palm trees on your new background--palm tree, palm tree, palm tree...