Tuesday, October 7

Sore. Jacket. License.

1. Started Boot camp. No, I did not join the army...this is boot camp for women...where 70 crazy souls meet in a parking lot 3 times a week and do ridiculously difficult exercises. I am on day two. I had trouble walking down stairs after day one. I have high hopes that after the first week things will start feeling better. I have been exercising regularly so I didn't think it'd be this bad...but apparently many of my muscles were still sleeping. Now they are all VERY awake.

2. Cute little 6 yr old was freezing in my office the other day. His little legs and arms were splotchy purple and I offered him my denim jacket. He took it and put it on saying "It looks like a jacket from the 80's." My thoughts were: "WHATEVER...denim jackets are back in!" followed by "You're only 6...you weren't even alive in the 90's, let alone the 80's so you don't vote!" and then "Maybe he's right...maybe denim is not in" and then "I don't care, I'll wear it forever." He's a pretty darling kid...so the 80's comment was enough to keep me from loving seeing him all wrapped up in it with long-y sleeves...

3. Work is picking up in both agencies...feeling good about this...OH! OH!! The best news of all, I am officially an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)....which means very little to most of you, but means I spent the last two years jumping through MANY MANY MANY hoops to prove that I am worthy and able to be an independant therapist...free of supervision and...well, more hoops. It cost me about $800 and 2 years of hoop jumping and I'm very happy and proud to be done with that...hooray!

10 comments:

Leah said...

You're my hero! I think I'm too accident prone for boot camp. Congrats on the LCSW! Now you're officially official.

Suz said...

Congrats on the license! I am sure that it feels great to have that done finally! Also can't believe you're doing boot camp- sounds a little crazy, but in a good way. :)
Oh yeah I've been meaning to call you too- thanks for Cayden's present! That was way sweet of you to send something,and he LOVES the car. You would think the kid would get sick of cars, but nope. He loved them all. :) Thanks again- you're an awesome aunt.

grandma blair said...

Wow Julie, I am so impressed,you became a real therapist, and doing boot camp. You are amanzing. I just think about doing the exercises, I can't imagine how much they would hurt.

Ann's ART said...

Congratulations on the license. That is a lot of work. I can only imagine!!!

Maggs said...

Congratulations Jules! You so deserve the LCSW status. You have worked hard and I for one know how difficult an endeavor you've been through. Boot Camp sounds like loads of fun...wish I could join you I certainly need something like that to get me back in shape!

Kim said...

Congrats Julie! I'm so proud of you. Hopefully someday I can follow in your footsteps. The boot camp sounds like a hard yet fun challenge too. Good luck.

LiNdsay said...

all i heard was blah blah blah im a dirty hooker. love, ruf. PSYCH! jk girl, jk. jules you are my favorite aunt in the world and i hope you and i continue to therapize each other for the rest of our lives. LOVE!!!!! rufio ann

Mom B said...

I'm sorry I'm a litle slow offering my congrats to you on your LCSW! Iam finally back to blogging and so proud of my girl! And so excited for Thanksgiving; did I mention that? I can only imagine how hard boot camp is; I've only heard the stories from those who completed it. Keep it up girlio!

Kathryn Crouse said...

Congrats Julie!! I'm sure you went through a lot to get it and I know you'll do a fabulous job. Thanks again for the scorpion advice! AH!!!

Jennica said...

Congrats! I have a friend who just went through that (becoming a LCSW) so I know all of the hoopla you have to go through. That is so awesome you are done! :)