Tuesday, June 9

Canada!

So...I was invited by my amazing friend Kathy to go to Canada with her and her cute baby girl, Ryann. We found killer $29-each-way tickets to Great Falls, Montana. From there we rented a car (thank you nice Thrifty for the Subaru upgrade with only 1,000 miles, we love you!)...we had fun driving and talking and made our way to Lethbridge, Alberta. (Which for future reference, is a city and a province...and if you make the mistake of saying Lethbridge, Canada...you will be mocked by your favorite Canadian, right Kath? ...Mesa, USA...punk! ;) We made it through the border after what felt like 49 years of wait time...and were happily on our way.

The next day we spent time with her family...I got to see Lethbridge...which is beautiful. Trees (of all varieties, not just palm, though I'm still a lover the palm...yes, Sara and Mogeets..."palm tree!") Loved the pine trees, clean smell and cool air. I felt very homesick. Loved meeting her family, they were darling and kind. Loved having a "slushee" every day. Now folks, these are NOT the typical 7-11 dealios. No. Ice cream (that is for sure the best I've ever had) mixed with some heavenly concoction that is like the slurpee, but BETTER!!! When Kathy told me about them i thought "Whatever, how good can they be?" Yeah, I was wrong. Amazing.

Went to a family BBQ where i got to meet and make friends with her darling niece Autumn, who was quiet and shy and I was bound and determined to get a smile outta her. Taught her brother, Oakley my 1 soccer move. 6 yr olds are pretty easy to please.




The next day Kath and I hiked "Bear's Hump" in Waterton. Short, but steep... The view from the top was amazing...(see picture at the top). This mountain is aptly named as there are very frequent bear sightings. We saw zero. I did not complain.


After Bear's Hump, we saw more of Waterton...it's a cute little town, kind of a cross between Park City and Ephraim. This animal...a ram?...was found grazing on the front lawn of one of the residents. Many deer were out and about and we watched some kids walk up to and touch one of them.







While we were there, Kathy (a professional photographer) took many great pictures. I followed behind and wished and hoped to be like her. I love this one of her.

And this one too...

She is considering making me her jr. apprentice. I am crossing my fingers. I love photography and am amazed by the work she does.







In Waterton is this waterfall.
Near this waterfall was this little ladybug. Love the drops of water from the spray off the fall. Cute little bug on a rail.

















Another "jr. apprentice" moment. Me shooting Kath shooting the Magrath grain elevators that look like milk cartons. Had I been a REAL apprentice, I would have gotten OUT of the car so that you wouldn't see the BUGS on the windshield, thus marring an otherwise interesting photo. There was traffic, major road. I was being careful, not lazy. I think.

7 comments:

Linn said...

Ahhh, too many comments on this post to share. Just loved it all! Especially the look you are giving that little girl. So interested, so there. That is Jules for sure!

grandma blair said...

How fun was that to go to Canada!! you will make an awesome photographer. Loved all of your pictures. And by the way you are looking awesome. Can't wait for Lava

Suz said...

Looks like a fun trip- that first picture is beautiful!
By the way- did you cut your hair? It looks shorter- and way cute. :)

We can't wait to see you next month. :)

Sarah said...

That looks Beautiful! So jealous! Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Maggs said...

Wow--I totally see why you wanted to move to Canada now! What an awesome trip. I am so glad that you have updated your blog. I was missing you and hoping that you are doing ok. You look better than ok, you look great! Love you pal.

Mom B said...

I'm so glad you got to go to Canada. Sounds like you had an amazing time, and by the way you look MAHVELUS!

Kim said...

How fun! Canada looks beautiful. I went there as a kid, and only remember the Canadian geese poop on my shoe. Actually, I do remember Canada being very beautiful. Glad you had fun, and we can't wait to see you!