Sunday, August 1

Picacho Peak w/ Sher!

So. Catch up. Sher visited in May...we had so much fun. I think the highlight for both of us was hiking Picacho Peak. For sure the hardest/best hike I've done. Very steep, Sher and I loved the cables...kind of like rock climbing but with cables instead of harnesses. Awesome.... Lots of pictures... PS-For a good laugh, enlarge the picture above...my face makes me laugh...kiiiiiinda intense. love the picture above of Sher...hello, right out of an REI magazine...intense. At the end we were walking for what felt like HOURS...it was boring and flat and hot and I was out of water...I said "Pally, kinda feels like we're in the movie 'Holes,' don't ya think?" Seriously...Next time we're going the Hunter's Trail way...so we skip the 3 miles of strolling through the Sahara in the heat of the day. (PS-for future reference, May is WAY too hot to do this hike-was over 100 degrees for most of it...October-March...probably perfect).

3 comments:

Sher said...

Sweet pics, Pally! That was SO much fun, even with the blazing hot sun. Love you!!!!!

Mom B said...

Hmmm. Looks harder than Adams Canyon. I think I'm out! :/

Kim said...

Scary hike! I could never take the kids on something like that because I'd have an anxiety attack. I glad you lived to tell about it. How fun to spend time with Sher.