Sunday, August 7

A+ and Stuff

I survived online traffic school. It took 4 hours. There was no way to speed it up. I may now be suffering from post-traumatic traffic teaching time. (Sounds serious, right?) It's not yet in the DSM...but should be. The page has a designated amount of time you HAVE to have it open before moving on...usually 2 minutes longer than I needed to read the material. Luckily I was able to catch up in the world of Facebook and email in the interim.

I am pleased to say I did not miss one quiz question and on the final exam I missed only one:"Question: If you do not pass this exam you can...." Duh, I wasn't planning on not passing so I didn't even consider that option...or get that question right. That miss brought me down to a 96%. Still, I'll take it. For a person with a possible case of severe ADHD, a 96% on a 4-hour deal is acceptable.

I did learn a few valuable things. But I still feel that I am, in my heart, a race car driver who is in serious need of an upgrade (while the fuel-efficient Corolla is an economical choice, it lacks much when it comes to power...which may be...a good thing for me right now...). In heaven I hope there is a place for people to drive as fast as they want...with NO motocops or photo ticket cameras. The Celestial Autobahn. Admit it, you're interested.

In the meanwhile, I'm back to being hypervigilant ....boo.

In other news....it's hot here. I'm sure you've heard. It makes me laugh that the weather app on my phone says "Hot" up to 108 and jumps to "very hot" around 109. Really? Because I thought 108 was feeling hot-ish.

Work is good, However, I am in desperate need of tax advice...any of you readers out there savvy about small business tax rules? If so, email me, I'd love to ask you a few questions.

Church is now at 8 am. Which means Sundays are now a long day. Love it. I love being out by 11 am...

Last tidbits:

-I have gotten addicted to the flat bread option at Subway...who knew my love for Subway would ever return after the summers of 1990-1998 when we ate there daily. (Rand, Lindsay...someone confirm that this was also your reality?!?)

-I recently went to Flagstaff for a training. While there I bought a mood ring, which is such a Flagstaff-y thing to buy. But I gotta say, for $2.95, it's putting everything Claire's has ever offered to shame. I realize I'm about 23 years too old for a mood ring. But since when has that stopped me? And...let's be honest, my therapy kids are gonna eat it up.

-Speaking of therapy kids...favorite moment of last week was when a cute 3-yr old boy was dunking Green Lantern, Superman and Spiderman in "sand quick." Love that he calls it that.

-I am exuding every last ounce of restraint and REALLY developing my restraint while waiting til October to get a new phone...I'll be up for a new one then and also praying iPhone 5 happens to be out then. I'm not holding my breath though...If Apple products weren't so amazing, I'd totally boycott them for the way they jerk us around... My sissy Droid works about 62% of the time so if you're ever talking to me and then suddenly...you're not...do not blame my possible ADHD...rather, just call me back...in about October.

I believe that is all. Carry on.

3 comments:

red said...

Julie. you should upgrade to a V6. It's marvelous. My min-van kicks trash when I "race" people off the line on main street in Kaysville. My sister-in-law is an accountant, she works in Utah, so I don't know if it would be applicable but she's very smart and knows accounting junk. let me know if you're interested and I'll give you her number. I love your blog.~janay

Kim said...

Sorry about the driving school, but how nice to do it online. Glad to hear that everything else is going well. I still await your Havasupi (sp ?) pictures. :)

Mom B said...

Glad you survived traffic school. Did you know you shouldn't talk on your cell phone while changing lanes also? :) wink It was fun to talk to you today even if it was ever-so-short. And yes, Linds lived at the Subway during High School, but we still love it.