Sunday, December 9

Boat Parade

Amazing things happen in Arizona. For instance, December 8th is not a holiday. It is not the day Arizona (or the USA) won a war, Independence, or really anything (as far as I know). Yet, tonight at 5:45 there was a boat parade. To celebrate Christmas and the fact that you can make a boat look like a sleigh with a little creativity, a few strings of lights, and one jumping reindeer.



Families gathered together with blankets, lawn chairs, hot chocolate, mittens...waiting on the grass by the lake we all pass by daily. It was like the 4th of July...some of the floats (literally, I guess) even threw candy. In some ways it was better: NOT 127 degrees, there was Christmas music in the background, and it was still and quiet and lights on water are really quite breathtaking. Add to that Santa walking down the sidewalk passing out candy canes out of a basket with lights. Quaint. Small town. Love it.

3 comments:

Sher said...

That's amazing, pally - perfect place for you to be living right now! We have about 6 inches of snow outside. I can't believe you posted this at 2am -- you really need to come and join me with feedings around that time! Oh, and sign me up for the tepid water. Love you ---

Jules said...

I will join you for a 2am feeding...just not soon enough! ;) I'll bring some tepid water. Although I imagine you might prefer chocolate milk, apple juice or rootbeer a tad more than the agua. Love you back pally.

Anna said...

JULES!!!
So my mom told me you had a blog and I found it. Pretty snazzy, I love reading about your life. I think of you often and our good times together, I know weird huh. Anyway Check my blog out and hopefully I'll see you at Christmas. You rock.
Anna
http://littlelincolnmanandentourage.blogspot.com/