Sunday, December 23

Gumballs

I love my family. We are easily entertained. Tonight my mom mentioned she was surprised about how long the gumballs in the star dish had lasted. That led to a conversation about the best tasting gumballs which led to controversy over whether or not they differ in taste...which led me to asserting that I, indeed, could taste the difference. From there I closed my eyes while my dad picked the lucky gumball. Unfortunately I really could not tell at all. I said "I can't taste purple" (see the movie "Martian Child" to understand reference). I figured I had at least a 1 in 9 chance. Nope, orange. I'm not surprised. I prefer the white or green ones...so orange was foreign to me. Hmmm. Off to brush the slime off my teeth. Merry Christmas Eve Eve everyone.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Julie, just so you know for future reference I can fit ~50 gumballs in my mouth (chewed). It took about 3 hours and a very sore young jaw (I was 14 I think), but I did it. I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. It take professional chewing:) My favorite is pink.

Happy Holidays!!

Leah said...

Merry Christmas my beautiful friend!

Anna said...

It was wonderful to see you and talk. Hope your trip home was good. Question. How do you get your blog to allow so much horizontal space for your posts. It seems bigger than everyone else's. ?