Tuesday, January 1

Happy New Year!

I decided I could not handle one more typical New Year's Eve party this year...at 29, I've seen many. Some have been fun (Honeyville w/ the Bingham's for intense games...home with family for pizza/movies/hot tub) others have been...well, not fun.

I set out to come up with something different. I found it. The 18th or 19th annual (the t-shirt and race tag have different #'s...not sure which it is) Midnight Madness 3 mile run. Began at 10:30 pm. Cold. I thought running in the dark might make it seem easier (you know...can't see how far you have to go). Not so. Even still, I loved doing something different and coming home feeling good and tired. Proud that I'd done something that I would really want to do, not just what everyone else does.

Nat was willing to come spend her New Year's Eve with me and she was (and always is) excellent company. We had a great time.

I came home happy to see that my race number continued the odd-even-odd-even pattern my race numbers have had now for ten races. Why that even matters...I don't know.

Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:

Suz said...

congratulations on the race! I am so impressed. It sounds like a much better way to spend the night than we did. (wrangling a tired 1 year old on a plane) anyways- I'm proud of the running- maybe one of these days I will like it.

Maggs said...

Jules! I wish so bad I could have been there to run with you. I was in AZ after Christmas and the running outside was wonderful--now I'm back to the treadmill.

Anna said...

That is freaking awesome. Much better than vegging on crap. I totally hear ya on the doing what everyone else is. Next year I'm doing what I want to do!!! :)

Sher said...

I am right proud of you, pally - although I'm not sure that even intense games at the Bingham's competes well with a long-sleeved t-shirt that changes colors.

Kasey and Jim said...

What a great idea! I'd love to do something like that next year. I completely agree with you about the lame-o new years parties. I went to a fun one but a race would be fun. Great job!