Tuesday, January 22

Spirit of the Marathon

I'm doing my best to distract myself from how much I'm hating Delta right now for losing 48 pounds of my personal belongings. I am trying to believe the man who I think told me my luggage would be traveling from San Francisco to LA (two places I did NOT travel to or ask that my bag travel to) to PHX at 1 am and delivered tomorrow morning. Not sure if that is what he was saying due to bad connection and the fact that English was not this man's first...or maybe even second...language. I was once told that I don't deal well with change...and pretty much hated the person who told me that in that moment. Unfortunately this evening with Delta has confirmed how true that statement sometimes can be.

Now. On to better news. I'm really interested in running these days. I recently saw a preview for a special engagement non-fiction documentary-type movie that follows 6 people who are training for and running the Chicago marathon. It's called Spirit of the Marathon and will be in theatres in North America this Thursday, Jan. 24th at 7:30. I'm inviting my friends here to come...if you're interested in seeing it...either w/ me in AZ or wherever it is that you live...check out the website:
http://www.marathonmovie.com/film.html. If you're in AZ and want to come...give me and call and we'll make plans to meet. I'm inviting a bunch of friends I think might like it...should be fun.

4 comments:

Suz said...

Jules so sorry to hear about the luggage- that really sucks! I really hope that by the time you are reading this, you and your luggage will have been reunited. :)

Maggs said...

Jules--I wish so badly we lived closer because I am so into running these days too. I haven't ever ran any races...not even a
5k. I think it would be more likely to happen if I had someone to do it with. Much LOVE!
Mogeets

Emily Holden said...

Hope you get your luggage soon Jules and good luck with the running...that's awesome!

Mom B said...

So sorry to hear about your luggage. Dad got his just before he left for the airport to fly home. Did you send for your passport yet? Dad, Linds, and I have officially sent for ours. We leave 17 weeks from today! YAY!