Saturday, January 26

Spirit of the 5k

A 5k is considerably shorter than a marathon. About 23.1 miles shorter. Which is right about perfect for me. Today I ran my 11th race. Much to my dismay my odd-even-odd-even race number pattern was shattered. Another even this time...204. Dang. Anyway...it was good and cold. I am not as fast as I want...NEED to be. But I'm working at it. Work on my speed...distance...eventually move up to a 10k. This is the plan. Thanks for going with me, Natals...the speedy. I think she was out of sight within the first 100 yards...good job kid!

In other news, my luggage made it safely home. I'm sure you've all been worried.

5 comments:

Maggs said...

Jules,
do you think it's necessary to do a 5k and work your way up? Some girls I work with are going to do a half marathon and I'm seriously considering joining them. I'm at least going to do the training routine and see how I do with it. There are no 5k's that I know of in the area until March. oh well...maybe i'll just start at the half marathon and work my way up from there. Tell me what you think.
Mogeets

Anna said...

You really are amazing. I get way winded when I have to run up the stairs just to answer the phone. I'm working on it though. But obviously not as hard as you. :)

sara said...

way to go jules, that is awesome! i am glowing with pride, not that i had anything to do with it, but am proud of you anyway.

miss your guts!

Leah said...

You're my idol! If I wasn't broken in 500 places I'd come with you!

Sher said...

that a girl, pally! so proud of you. preparing for the honeyville freedom run this year??!