Friday, December 5

Bubba, Chico and Jonah X3

So...a while back when my good friend Areta moved, I inherited her 2 water frogs. Not because I wanted them, only because she's a frog hater and was going to let them die when she moved to Utah. On the car ride to my house the frog water sloshed all over the inside of my car and I thought "this is ridiculous." Well, now it's been a few months and the dang frogs are growing on me....they are Bubba and Chico...as it turns out...Bubba is a female and Chico is the man of the tank. Things have gone well for the happy couple...and to fast forward...we are on their second set of tadpoles. Things didn't go so hot with the first set and my attempts to save a few so that they could grow up strong and healthy...well, it failed and they all died.

Now there are 3 tadpoles in the tank with their cannibalistic parents. I know I should remove the tadpoles to their own water but this proves difficult as they hide under the rocks are are ridiculously small. I have intentionally been feeding B & C frequently in hopes that it will diminish their desire to EAT their offspring. Still, to my dismay I have watched as Mom and Dad Frog have attempted to gobble each baby...but for some reason...the tadpole goes in...and then comes right back out. Maybe it's the flailing tail that gets in the way. Regardless...I have been horrified and very angry with the piggy parents. As each day passes and the tadpoles get bigger, I know they have a better chance of making it. I'm trying not to hate B & C for being so terrible, I know they don't mean it. I've decided if these tadpoles make it, I will name them all Jonah. And I will call it a miracle.

5 comments:

Suz said...

Jules you are just too cute!

Anna said...

hi. Just wanted to tell you you are awesome. I love your blog. But not the awesomest because I see you went to utah but didn't come see me....gosh. :) Alright you are forgiven.

Maggs said...

your first group all died?! How sad, I hope these ones make it. I totally approve of the name! HA HA...Jonah would be proud! Love you pal.

Kim said...

Good luck with the frogs. Too bad they don't have a super frogger like they have the super nanny who can solve all of our parenting problems. I hope they make it.

Robin said...

Oh Silly silly Julie. I just happened by for a minute, which is something I rarely have, and what a fun minute I have spent! I miss you!