Saturday, December 13

Christmas Kindness

I am grateful for nice strangers/neighbors. Yesterday morning on my way to boot camp my car sounded weird. I got out, inspected the car visually and deemed all satisfactory. Went to boot camp, got tortured and returned home. When I was again leaving for work I noticed the sound had gotten louder and more concerning....so I got out to perform another detailed 3-point (flats, dents, leaking liquid) visual inspection...and this time found that my back right tire was nearly on the rim. I put my hand on my head and thought "Crap, this is gonna take forever" when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but my unknown neighbor and his dog Powder walking near. He offered to help...so I drove around the corner to his house...and he used his power jack to lift my car in about 3 seconds and put the spare on for me. I thanked him profusely (and will thank him with cookies later today) and drove around the block to Discount Tire for a free flat repair. All of this only took 1 hour out of my day and I never had to touch a tire...making it the best flat tire experience I've ever had. I am a lucky girl. Thank you dear neighbor.

1 comment:

Leah said...

It's a Christmas miracle! I hate changing tires!