Sunday, January 11

Bodies and Bagels

So today after delivering what I was certain was a whiz-bang lesson covering the fact that we have bodies like Heavenly Father to the sunbeams complete with visual aids, songs, cute chants, pictures, mini beanie babies AND goldfish crackers...I asked them in review what they had learned...what they would tell their moms when they went home. Darling red-head Coleton responded:

"I'll tell her to buy more bagels."

Nevermind that bagels had 0% to do with our topic and the word bagel had not even been mentioned in the last hour.

We'll try again next week. Love you Sunbeams.

4 comments:

Kathryn Crouse said...

Hee, hee, hee. That's pretty funny. Happens every week! I always tell the boys, "I'm gonna call your teacher and see if that's what you REALLY learned" and suddenly they remember that the teacher did in fact teach something important! Way to go Jules. . . sounds like a fun class. They are so lucky to have you!!! Love ya.

Suz said...

Gotta love those sunbeams! You wonder if anything is getting through to them- but trust me- something is. How's the teaching going? Is your class crazy?

Sher said...

I'm so jealous! Weekly entertainment with off-the-wall comments. And you thought your full-time job was full of funny, random kids' remarks! I would have loved to have seen you there. So cute.

Mom B said...

You seriously need to write a book. Your experiences with kids are so funny. They are lucky to have you!