Sunday, January 18

Eyes, Tails and Wight Saba's

Today in class...I'm recreating the script for you...

Me: And so we came to Earth to get a Bo...
A: Teacher, why are your eyes having red thingys in them?
Me: Oh I don't know. Is it just this one or both? My eyes are sore today a little.
A: It's both of them. Maybe it's cuz the red things keep your eyeballs in tight? Maybe if you don't have them your eyes could fall out?
Me: Hmm, I'm not sure about that.

He then proceeds to inspect the eyeballs of everyone in the room for further study. Survey says... teacher was the only one who didn't get enough sleep last night and has contact issues.

Later...
Me: And so our bodies have bones...
A: Does Heavenly Father have a tail?
Me: Nope, no tail. He looks just like us.
A: Well Mark has a tail. (Mark is the monkey who helps me teach my lessons)
M: I have a tail.
G: You do?!!? I wanna see your tail!
Me: I don't think Madison has a tail, guys. Only monkeys, cats, elephants and some animals have tails.

There was then a small crisis when the two girls both wanted Zip the cat. I carefully took Zip from their clutches and put her in my bag, saying "Zip needs a nap now." They were perplexed and said "Why?" I was pleased when my answer of "Well, because she's very tired" appeased them.

We went on and were talking further when same cute boy says: "Yeah, and we have Star Wohws movie. Der's Wuke. Wuke Skywaka. And he gets some guys arm off and it's WILLY cool. AND der's a wight saba...."

At the end of church....I am completely exhausted.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember being completely wiped out for sacrament meeting. :)
It only gets better. Wait until they leak their parents secrets.

Anna said...

or leak on you. :)

Sher said...

The most impressive part really is the fact that you were able to stay focused - or at least sounded like you were still focused...

Do you see how unentertaining church can become once you're released from primary?!!

grandma blair said...

you will learn so much from that little sunbeam class. You are amazing.