Tuesday, January 13

Speed Check

So, as many of you know, in the last year I have had a brush with the law. (Okay fine, 3 brushES) with the law. In regards to a baby bit o' speeding. I am reformed and the $260 receipt taped to my speedometer seems to be helping with all that. However, this does not change the fact that every time I see an officer of the law in a car or on a motorcycle, my heart pounds very quickly and I am filled with sudden terror. Including today around 7:10 am when I passed one and instantly thought "Oh crap, am I speeding?" At which point I laughed to myself...as not only was I not speeding, but I was also not IN A CAR. Yes, I was walking/jogging and at BEST going approx 5 miles per hour. I laughed all the way home.

4 comments:

Suz said...

LOL! Jules I don't know that I have laughed that hard in a while. I have to admit that when I saw your post title I was a little worried that the streak had continued- I'm glad to see you have learned your lesson- maybe a little to well! :)

Anna said...

thats hilarious. I laughed out loud. Oh, I mean LOL. :) I'm just not that hip. Thanks for the laugh. Sorry you are so paranoid.

Sher said...

Hey - with all the running you've done, you never know if you're breaking the speed limit! That is hilarious. Great idea with the receipt on your dash - hope it doesn't come off anytime soon!!!

Linn said...

So much for not commenting! That is awesome! Once I was driving my car and suddenly a kite string whipped across the road, just above the car. I was worried I would hit it, so I did what any smart person would do...I ducked. Now if only I could get the car to duck with me. Nice Linn.