Wednesday, January 7

You Don't Say...

Therapy with kids never gets old. I am continually amazed with what they say...for instance. Today, darling 8 yr. old chubby little boy sits down and starts off by saying this:

little wonder: "Well, I can tell you I've learned one thing...and that is that if you're an ugly girl chasing a band, it's going to be bad for you."

me (laughing in my head, calm yet interested exterior...not sure what to even ask first): "what do you mean by band?"

little wonder: "oh, like the jonas brothers. you know, a band."

me: "okay. just checking. So what do you mean by chasing a band?"

little wonder: "just that...like if you're a girl, AND you're ugly, AND you're chasing a band,or like, following them, it's going to be bad for you...cuz like...the band will never pick you."

me (thinking...pick you for what? where did this come from, why are you telling me, what do I do with it?): "huh, that might be true...i'm not sure about all that....now, let's talk about your feelings check in..."

SO...moral of the story. If you're an ugly girl...don't chase the band okay?!?!? Just don't do it. You'll just regret it.

1 comment:

Kasey and Jim said...

Thanks for making me laugh! (Out loud!) It's a great story.