Sunday, March 29

Amazing Gracie

Today was my last day with the WonderBeams. A few minutes into opening exercises of primary, I noticed that Grace was crying. I asked what was wrong but she wouldn't talk. Her mom was in the room and I asked her if she know why Grace was crying. She replied "I think she's sad you're going, the day you had a sub she cried like this the whole way through class." So her mom picked her up and held her and when mom had to go, Grace (still crying) came to sit in my lap. She snuggled into me and sat more still then I've ever seen her. Adorable. I don't know what it is but I've loved her from the first minute she told me she wanted a BIG chair, NOT a little one! She's fiesty and I love her heart. Darling little wonder. Her mom handed me a card and said "I want you to know this is what Grace told me to write, WORD for WORD!" And so, dear readers...here it is...my goodbye letter from Amazing Grace:

"Dear Sister Blair,
I like doggies. Puppies like a little bit of dots. I love you too. Little ghosts are swimming in a box. I'll miss you. Seven is little. Indian is five. Thank you for being my teacher."
Love, Gracie"

7 comments:

Anna said...

adorable. probably so hard to leave

Michelle said...

my heart just melted a little.

Sher said...

That is SO cute. And absolutely the closest thing I could ever imagine one of your own children saying. So random and SO perfect for my Pally! Love it - and clearly she loves you SO so much. Who wouldn't. You just keep on touching lives, Pally. Doesn't matter where you go or what you do - your positive impact just keeps on going.

Linn said...

Oh man that is cute! What a sweetheart!

red said...

Wow I can see why it is so hard to leave. I bet you were the coolest teacher in the universe.

Maggs said...

how cute is that?! Are you moving? I feel like I don't know what is going on in your life. i miss you.

Mom B said...

You must be going to a new ward??? She was a doll; maybe there will be more Wonderbeams in your new ward. Can't wait to see you on MONDAY, cutie!