Tuesday, March 17

Happiness Is...

  • running outside at sunset when the whole world smells like orange blossoms
  • sitting in the hammock, talking on the phone
  • friends who are consistent
  • laughing so hard my insides hurt
  • flannel sheets til May (yes, even in Arizona)
  • sitting on the floor eating goldfish crackers with the wonderbeams
  • realizing everything will be okay
  • learning more about heaven, deciding it's not so bad
  • flip flops all year long
  • reconnecting with long lost friends who mean the world to me
  • living through 3 yrs in a scorpion-infested house
  • friday lunches with a friend who loves me and makes me laugh
  • watching the kiddos with whom i work heal
  • hearing the voices of people to whom i'm connected
  • daring to clean out my closet and throwing lots away
  • baked potato for dinner
  • making friends with change
  • long talks with people who listen to me
  • being hugged
  • a glass of chocolate milk after long runs (runner's world recommended)
  • receiving letters in the mail
  • noticing and loving little things people do...quirks
  • the color red
  • holding hands
  • the smell of pine
  • giving up trying to control people, things, situations
  • "soft" people
  • being friends with myself
  • "try, try" by rachel mcgoye
  • being friends with brave people
  • depth
  • crunchy leaves
  • rowing in the seahawk 400 at dusk. especially at christmas...christmas lights on water. amazing.
  • being comfortable in my own skin
  • turning 30
  • laughing when your business cards come in printed wrong...for the 2nd time
  • having painted toenails...but never painted fingernails
  • letting go
  • staying up way too late, regretting it in the morning...repeating the cycle endlessly

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Those things make me happy too :)
I love crunch leaves, you probably like driving through puddles too.;)

Anna said...

i love your list. Very refreshing and almost peaceful. :) Thanks. I need to start running so I can have chocolate milk!

red said...

You're so cute! Please come to Utah so I can go jogging with you at sunset...give me about three months notice :) Your list was really fun.

Maggs said...

I loved reading your list Jules! It is SOO you. I had so much fun last fall and I really miss you and having you near.

Linn said...

I LOVE your list Jules! Every single thing you listed made me smile. But there is no question that this one is my favorite:

...reconnecting with long lost friends who mean the world to me.

Love you!

Regina said...

I can run to the kitchen for chocolate milk. Thanks for sharing. It was fun to read.

Mom B said...

I loved your list - it was very you..and that's a good thing. You are inspiring me to get back to blogging.