Sunday, March 1

Beams and such.

Good day with the WonderBeams....lesson was "I am grateful for water." When I asked a (poorly thought-out question) "What would we drink if we didn't have water?" and Grace screamed "MILK!!!" I laughed. Yes, milk. True. What was I thinking? I also learned that Adam has never in his 4 years seen snow. We all agreed that Waddle the Penguin lives on ice and for some crazy reason while talking about how we use water to bathe, I felt inclined to tell the kids about Zip the cat who takes baths, not with water, but with his tongue. They were fairly grossed out and yet, for some strange reason I feel quite confident that at least one or two of my beams are going to to deny conventional baths this week and request a "cat bath." Whoops.

Elise also asked if she could have some gum. When I told her I didn't have any she was quiet for a while. About 10 minutes later she said "Well, you could just share some of the stuff you already got in your mouth." And honestly, if I didn't think I would have been frowned at by every adult in the room, I would have given her half...because sometimes...you just want some gum.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Silly, If I move to Arizona and come see you in Gilbert can I come to your primary class?
How are you ever going to go back to Relief Society??????????

Emily Holden said...

I'm sure your an amazing teacher to those sunbeams! I'm in primary too and those kiddos can come up with the funniest things! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

mmmm ABC gum.

Anna said...

Sometimes when I walk by Lincoln's class room I can hear him saying the worst things and the teachers trying to gear him in the right direction. Then I close my eyes and think about rainbows. :)No body would have known you gave her abc gum. :)

Rand said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom B said...

I'm still laughing at how Alyssa scared me not once, not twice, but three times with her spider jumping out of the box. I even jumped when I knew it was coming. (I'll explain when I call you Jules. It happened at Ruby's blessing yesterday.)

Bonnie said...

Ha!!! Those kids are hilarious. So cute that you appreciate their randomness. And I'm so glad we're still connected, even if it is just by our blog choices. :) I'm glad I'm cool enough to be like you!!!