Sunday, March 22

i STILL hate change


once upon a time, when i was 18, a friend of mine and i were in a "discussion" about something that at the time was important. when she felt she was losing the battle, her retort to me was "well....you just don't deal well with change." i sat there in the car thinking "that was a lame comeback...seriously, that's all you got?" now, i laugh and think "dang HER, she was RIGHT!"

i hate change. i love it, but i hate it. many things in my life have changed in the last several years (and months, and days). many more things will change in the next several. it will all work out for my good. but, sometimes, late on a saturday night...i sit down in the silence and dig in my heels and decide that change and i are not friends. it's a ridiculous battle. in the "jules vs. change" war...i always come out getting what i need, but not always what i think i want. and in the middle, i always squirm.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Right there with ya on the whole change thing....not in love with it!

Mormon Marriage said...

Maybe you could give change the finger and tell it to leave you alone. :) I myself, fan of change. :)

Linn said...

I am the poster child for hating change. True. They asked me to be it. That there is dedication to the hatred of change. I vote that you ignore all of these changes and fly to Boston instead. Great idea right?