Tuesday, July 3

Things I don't like...

When people just go crazy with the way their words are apostrophized.

Example: "We are all out of Mango's." "Lot's of Car's on Sale!"
"The client brought 7 weapon's to his therapy appointment."

All are incorrect (and one dangerous). I have no problems with making up words, gross exaggerations of numbers, the over-use of commas, hyphens-and-ellipses...sentence fragments, beginning a sentance with the word "and," and even refusing to use correct capitalization. But please, if you're gonna use an apostrophe...

P.S. I have an equal aversion to "your" and "you're" and "their and they're"...especially if these words are to be printed on a T-shirt. I see many clients whose clothing throws me off for a whole session and I feel inclined to take a Sharpie to their shirts to ease my discomfort. I realize that this is my issue. And I'm working on it.

4 comments:

Suz said...

You should talk to Rand about grammar. His BYU English class has ruined him forever. I can't get away with saying anything wrong! Oh well, gotta love him anyways!

Bonnie said...

Uhhh... I'm sorry you're as neurotic as I am. You should look into MENSA. (Not mensa... totally different!)My poor husband didn't know he was marrying a grammar nazi. Gosh, this blog is a lot of fun.

Rand said...

I totally here you sis. I hate it when people mix up there words. Its sooooo frustrating! I have this friend that types that way. Hell alway's send me confusing email's. Anyway's, well talk later.

Jules said...

Rand. Its' to bad you're friend is sooo dumb. Why are you friend's with people when you know there not as smart as you? Seem's like you should no better. You are practically a genius ar'ent you? At least you were in the 5th grade.