Thursday, August 30

Quench, the Passion


I don't know when it began. I can't fathom the day it will end. It came on rather suddenly and will most likely be with me all my days. It's true, I am passionate about water bottles. Of course, not just any water bottles, there are certain specifications. (Please don't buy me any because I alone can determine if they meet the stringent specifications required to be accepted). They must be indestructable, they must hold 20-36 ounces...and they must be beautiful. This is my newest. I keep telling myself I will stop, but as this is a legal, harmless and fairly inexpensive addiction...it's likely that I may not stop just yet. I now have 7. Five Nalgenes, a camelback and my favorites...two cheapola "quench" Bed, Bath and Beyond wonders that are tall and narrow and easy for my small hands to grasp. They are by far my favorites. There was a semi-serious problem last week when I couldn't find my pink quench. Looked for it for a week. Turns out my roommate took it to work. Then she went on vacation. She now knows where I stand on sharing water bottles (at least those of the rare quench variety). But I did tell her I would buy her her own Nalgene. That seemed like a fair compromise.

2 comments:

Suz said...

I love those quench bottles from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I still have mine, but I had forgotten about it until just now. I'll have to pull it out of the cupboard!

Lisa Duke said...

This looks too big for your little hands. I am thinking either you grew bigger hands or something is not right about this picture. By the way, do you have any blue water bottles???