Friday, August 31

Room Temperature

There are days of my life when I feel as though things are kind of "just the same." Room temperature. Neither too hot, nor too cold. Like a shower or swimming pool that feels like...the air...so much so that you don't know you're even in water...just feels like air of a thicker consistency. Or something.

Like when friends I haven't seen in forever ask what's new in my life and I think "Job...not new, house...not new, calling...not new, scorpions...old news, boys...zero, children...still no" so I change the subject to talk about their 4th pregnancy or son getting baptized or something that seems a little more newsworthy. Yet nothing is bad...just everything is...the same. I realize I should be grateful that things are not horrible. I have all my appendages and a reasonably good job and amazing friends and family and car that treats me well and only a minor problem with potentially deadly insects. But still...for at least tonight it feels amazingly and disappointingly...tepid.

2 comments:

Lisa Duke said...

Well, this does make a lot more sense after reading it. A slight breeze would make a big difference to a stale room. I can see why room temperature makes sense. Maybe you should move to Utah. The air is getting cooler. The smell of BYU football is in the air. Well, I'm just saying...it might help clear out that room temperature feeling. Oh, and by the way, I live here, Sher lives here, your parents live here. Why did you want to stay with the scorpions again? I can't remember.

Mom B said...

Amen,Lisa Duke! Love MOM