Sunday, August 26

Trying to Cut Back...

You know. I realized that 9 of 24 (or 37.5%) of my blog entries (now 10 of 25 or 40%) have been about or have at least mentioned scorpions. While that would probably be okay if this blog were an off-shoot of welovearachnids.com, I feel that my blog readership is down (judging by the number of comments left). So I must cut back on what I report about my pest problem. And so, I pledge to only report on scorpions when something major happens. For instance, if one of us gets stung and/or killed, or we discover a nest of 498... something along those lines. Please see my "scorpion count" ticker for up-to-date info on numbers. Personal requests for additional information and/or updates may be sent to this writer at her personal email address. If you don't have it, you are not allowed to ask. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

oh phew... I can sleep at night now. I just realized that every time I read about your scorpions I wake up at night with things crawling all over me! Just kiddin'... I actually quite like the scorpion stories. It makes me grateful that I live in a scorpion free valley. :)

Mom B said...

It's okay to take a break from scorpion stories, however if you have a live scorpion video, you KNOW how much I love videos...

Rand said...

I am writing to request more information regarding scorpions.

If you are uncomfortable sharing this information on your blog, please send it to me via email and I will post in on MY blog.

Scorpions exist. It may be an inconvenient truth -- but it is truth nonetheless. Their story must be told.

Jules said...

Rand, I appreciate your request. Here are some links that will provide you with valuable information. Don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions. It's nice to see someone who has a healthy spark of curiousity regarding one of nature's most misunderstood creatures.

http://cals.arizona.edu/pubs/insects/az1223/#ARIZONABARKSCORPION

http://www.arizonahighways.com/custom.cfm?name=c_nature.cfm&secid=32&id=125

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I emphatically disagree!!!!!!!! MORE scorpions - that is the official Judles Terror Alert (scorpion count) and I do not feel that I can live without such vital info! It's THE only way I can make sure all is as it should be in the universe.... no contracts, no torts, no civil procedure ore even cheating classmates, just Judles fighting the scorpion count....!

Jules said...

Rand, Kat...since you both are begging for more, I will give you what you want.

We found #49 tonight. I tried to video him (per Mom's request) but he was too small and my camera video is not zoomable. Alas.

Besides, we accidently squished him with the cup so he was dead before we could even try to make him famous.