Monday, August 20

The Scorpion Has Left The Building

I realize that you were probably sick of hearing about scorpions by about #7. That doesn't change the fact that they are a daily part of my life.

Today, Natalie found #40. Unfortunately she found it at Delia's Cleaners in front of the girl who was about to dry clean her clothes. As Natalie handed the girl (who was on the phone) her clothes, the scorpion made its appearance. The girl screamed (the caller on the other end hung up). It's one thing to deal with them at home, it's another to start taking them places with us.

I have to give the Delia's girl credit though, after the whole ordeal (which ended when Natals killed the scorpion with a stapler), she still gave Nat a discount and told her she could be a VIP member for $9.99 "as long as you promise to shake the scorpions out of your clothes next time." I don't know that the lady who hung up will come back, but we sure will. Thanks Delia's.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Okay, so I fell off the face of the earth while I was starting school. Things are back to a semi normal schedule, so I think I'm back to normal as well. Anyway, sorry I haven't read your blog in a while. I'm COMPLETELY cracking up about your ID picture... yup, that was a fun day.
I can't believe we almost drank a stranger's water/alcohol/kool-aid or whatever it was. I hope to never be that thirsty again.
And BOOOOO to scorpions. They need to find the mothership and get on it. :)

Mom B said...

And to think I stayed in your house, slept in your bedroom, and scorpions were nesting in your clothes...I am still amazed you haven't been bit, stung, etc. by one of the 40. Oh, well, I for one, am glad the blogging queen is still blogging.

Jules said...

I know...it is amazing. We pray a little for scorpion safety...so far so good. Natalie found #41 yesterday. Out of 41, I've only found about 4...probably because I'm home the least, but I'm glad for that! Welcome home Mom! I want to hear about Alaska!