Monday, December 21

Christmas Break: Day One

Cayden is adorable. I am having so much fun with him. He is completely tormented by the fact that there are presents under the tree that are not for unwrapping today. He keeps asking...and we keep saying "Pretty soon, but Santa has to come first...Thursday...really soon, but not today." And he sighs and says "Oh." Then, when no one is looking, he tries to stealthily open one before getting caught. He happened to pick one that was for me and it took ALL my strength not to peek as I closed the gift up and put it back. He then decided that he was going to be Santa...and put all the presents on his sleigh (couch). I decided this game would work; it meant some harm to the gifts in that sometimes 3-yr olds are slightly less than gentle while moving things to and fro...but would allow him to be involved with the presents in a way that would buy some time until the next petition: "Can we open them NOW?"

Enjoy the movies...Cayden Claus...and "Air Traffic Control." Could he BE any cuter?!?!


5 comments:

red said...

Dear Cayden: Michael thinks it's pretty stupid that there are presents that can't be opened. He keeps asking "Is today Christmas?" With a sleigh full of presents like that I'm sure it's difficult not to peek at just one :) Glad you're in Utah.

Sarah said...

Ok.....is he Jeff or Rand's? I can't tell....I just know he totally looks like he belongs and I'm having flash backs from the 90's! He looks so much like your family! He is adorable! Glad you made it home! Enjoy your time....here in the fog and the cold! After all, that's Christmas, isn't it?! Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

I love the picture of him watching Marilyn wrap the present. I can tell Christmas is KILLING him. He's pretty adorable I bet that is what he thought would help him talk his Aunt into letting him peek.

Linn said...

That is the cutest ever! Makes no sense when you are three does it? Hardly makes sense when you are almost thirty-three. Love you Jules!

Kim said...

So cute!