Thursday, December 24

For the LOVE!

Last night I agreed to meet my friend Areta to go for a run this morning. I ran here Tuesday (mid-day) and didn't die, though I realized later it was a full 50 degrees colder than the last day I ran when I was in Arizona.

So I was meeting her around 7 am...still dark. I had less than positive thoughts about this whole idea as I awoke after only approximately 300 minutes of sleep. When I got to the dark, freezing outside...it was...well, dark and freezing. I thought "I wonder how cold it is...wait, I don't want to know." The good news? In order to stay warm, you HAVE to run...and you WANT to run...so I did...even up the steep and icy hill...it was worth it (as it always is) and half-way through I repented silently for thinking this wasn't a good thing.

It was worth it. And only after I'd gotten home did I check the temperature...

16 degrees?!?!?!?

3 comments:

Linn said...

That is ridiculous! Way to go, but yuck.

Love you Jules!

Merry Christmas!

red said...

Yikes!!! You look great Julie.

Jamie Pearce said...

You go girl! Good for you! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :)