Friday, April 4

the best day...

i had pretty much the best day. i needed a break from work and spent it with one of my favorite friends...from 8:15 am (okay 8:17, I did arrive late...) until about 11:15 pm, it was non-stop talking, laughing, playing fun. she was prepared with grapefruit, pineapple and strawberries dipped in chocolate for breakfast...got to spend quality nerf time with her darling son, she cut my hair, we had good talking time, ate lunch at applebees, shopped and found great beads at michaels for bracelets, picked up the cute kids and played after school, made preparations for garage sale for tomorrow, ate excellent the excellent dinner she prepared, more garage sale prep, followed by more talking and laughing...ended with s'mores and lava cake. pretty close to as perfect a day as possible. i'm so grateful for days like today where everything feels just exactly right. so grateful to know and love this darling friend and her family...they have become such an important part of my life, an extension of my family. i'm a lucky kid.

2 comments:

Anna said...

mmmmm I've been dying for s'mores ever since I read this. mmmmm

Jules said...

You can make them in the microwave you know...very good. Missing the "fire-roasted" flavor...but still...it works in a pinch. ;)