Thursday, April 3

camping!

This past weekend a bunch of us went camping...had a great time...until it was time for sleeping. I've decided camping must be like having a baby...you look forward to it for a long time and make all the preparations. You have a lot of people who are also excited...and it all starts out really fun and exciting. But when it comes right down to it...there are many miserable hours of pain (freezing for camping, labor for pregnancy) that make you think "I will NEVER, NEVER do this again." And after the worst of it is over, you start to relax and then you start feeling better...and within not long at all you think "That wasn't so bad...just that little part in the middle was rough but I'm ready to go camping again" (or have a baby). Those of you mothers out there are probably shooting eye darts at me for comparing being cold to having a baby...listen, I'm just saying...it could be KIND OF similar. A little.

Now...note the picture to the right. You will see two white objects.
They are marshmallows. Yes, both of them. The one to the left is a
small mini marshmallow you use for...well, rice crispy treats or something. The MEGAmallow to the right is from Mexico and is about the size of three jet-puffed mallows. I do now know why Mexico has created such a large marshmallow. It did make for some fun rounds of "chubby bunny" (with the winner being able to shove three of these suckers in the mouth). I tried roasting one. It took about 7 minutes longer than I had patience for and created about 17 minutes of mess to clean up after attempting to make a s'more out of it. Still, it was fun.

The photos below are proof that staying up late+sugar+1 hour of sleep=fun pictures at 5am. :)




9 comments:

Suz said...

Jules you had me cracking up! I totally agree with your analogy of camping- sounds fun in theory- if only you could get around the miserable to sleeping part, and the cleaning up the next day, it would be great. My vote's still for the cabin. :)

Mom B said...

I LOVE the picture of you and your friends - you all look like babes. It reminded me of my first (and only) deer hunting trip with your father. But I loved the picture and your hair, etc.

Maggs said...

Jules! Looks like you had so much fun. I love the camping analogy too! This reminded me of the last time I went camping...Moab. Remember? The winds came up and about blew our tent over and I could not help because I had no contacts in and couldn't see anything! hilarious...haven't been camping since.

Anna said...

ya. I always forget that I don't love camping. last time we went it was in the uintahs, and of course we got snowed out in July. Ahhhh. Anyway, you are adorable and look great as always.

Jules said...

Mogeets, I TOTALLY remember that camping trip...our tent crashed in on us and we decided to pack up in the middle of the night I think...so funny. AND our KOA had no pool! The punks! All things considered...it was fun!

Robin said...

Hey sweet niece!!! How fun to be directed to your blog. You look fabulous; I love the hair!!!

Sher said...

It's awkward using the bathroom in both instances, too. Gosh, you're funny --- AND you're a camper!!

Jamie Pearce said...

Ahh...good memories! It was such a blast! Next week...camping is going to be a blast! Good thing it has warmed up a bit!

Jules said...

Jam, I'm sad because I think I'll be missing the camping trip. :( We'll talk more about this...