Friday, April 18

No Nalgenes?!?!? NO!!!

Friends, this is a dark day for me. I just read an article that Nalgene is taking away a bit of my heart in the form of its polycarbonate water bottles that may have been predisposing me to cancer now for the 6+ years I've been best friends with them.

This surely is a joke. A late April Fool's trick? Right? Sigh. I've been through all the stages of grief in the last 5 minutes: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. I'm a quick healer. I've decided that the good news is that I have a good reason to stock up on BRAND new non-cancer BPA-free water bottles. This could be a good thing. But will I really throw my old ones away? Do I really have to stop using them? Because cell phones, microwaves, fluoride and the slew of burnt things I've consumed in my life might have already gotten me, right?

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/cancer/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100200558&GT1=31025

6 comments:

Mom B said...

Oh my Jules.....I heard this earlier in the week and risked having a Grandma Harmer moment by calling to tell you about your beloved Nalgene bottles -they are a (7) and never to be used! Just take a deep breath - and think of all the plastic things that aren't deadly. (Flip flops, tupperware, anything from Ikea...) I'll be thinking of you as you grieve. Love, MOM

Maggs said...

oh jules, i am so sad for you. i know how much you love nalgene water bottles...allow yourself to grieve and then feel free to find a new love...some other fancy water bottle perhaps

sara said...

i am sorry for your loss. though they will never be truly replaced, i hope you can find something to feel the void. love you!

Sher said...

I was afraid to tell you, pally - glad you found out from someone other than me. I don't think I can let go of my blue Nalgene though...I love it too much...

LiNdsay said...

Rufio said he has a bowl you can borrow. But you can't keep it.

Max said...

Jules,
DON'T THROW THEM AWAY!!!

Cut the top of them and use them for flowers, pencil, makeup tubes, etc. Then you will be able to look at them, think, Yes! 150 miles! And have fond memories
Max