Friday, April 11

Seven Things...


Anna, here you go...as promised...7 things about me that people may or may not know.
1. I've always wanted to pull a fire alarm. Lindsay actually did this in 3rd grade and I've always been jealous. Now that I'm not in 3rd grade I don't think I'd get away with it.
2. My first kiss was under a desk in 4th grade.
3. I race unsuspecting people. Let me explain. I'll see a person who looks like they're headed to the same place I am...to the door of a building, up the stairs, etc. I make a point to see if I can beat them. My friend Megan once expressed that she felt it wasn't fair that I was racing people who didn't know they were racing me. I told her it IS fair because I always give them the headstart. What these innocent "racers" don't know is that I get ticked off if they beat me (though it rarely happens). Megan asked me, "please at least tell me when we're racing." Mogeets, I promise to do so. But the rest of the world, watch out!
4. I am pretty much opposed to catch and relase fishing and hunting for the sport of it. If you need to eat the animal fine...no problem. But come on, ripping a fish out of the water by his lips again and again...ridiculous. There's a nearby lake full of traumatized fish. I wonder how manly these men feel being able to catch a fish in a lake FULL of gimpy fish. DUH-you're GONNA catch one!
5. I speak 4 languages. English, Spanish, "Ithig," and one that my parents invented on a road trip wherein my name would be Jibulibe. (Mom, what's it called?) I'll admit that the last two are not considered "real."
6. I almost missed the deadline for mailing grad school applications for several schools because I was riding a unicycle. Or attempting to.
7. I love old, hard cinnamon bears. Sher gives them to me for my birthday in a bag that's been opened for months...just growing harder by minute. She loves me. ;)

8 comments:

Suz said...

Jules you crack me up! Seriously, I loved the list. And as for the gummy bears- what's with your family and hard stale candy? Rand loves peeps that have been sitting open getting hard... just strange.

Anna said...

Maybe it's a blair thing, I enjoy old stale candy as well.
As for the racing, I didn't know others did this. My sister michelle calls it "everything is a competition" I'm always in competition with strangers, it makes life more fun. Thanks for the list, I love all your blogging, keep it up. Oh and thanks for your nice words, we are very excited. :)

Michelle said...

Just for the record I usually beat Anna with most "competitions" :) and always beat strangers.
As for stale candy I like hard circus peanuts, I think it might be a blair thing. But there is nothing better than a nice soft cinnamon bear ... mmmmm where are my keys?

Anonymous said...

I hardly have a thought about beating people, mostly just wanting folks to get out of my way... and I just finished off a bag of stale cheetos that kidoodle left in my purse not so recently... I have no excuse as I don't even like the crunchy kind and just finished a magnificent salmon for dinner...though I can't say if the fishy was a deformed previous catch and release victim. Ahhh so glad to see the scorpion count is still rising... I'd hate to think they all vanished from the desert! Here in the metro-region, snake sighting: 1 (no catch and release just run and let slither away).

sara said...

i've actually told people of your need to race. my favorite is that you raced a kid during the ACT -- still makes me smile!

Mom B said...

Double dutch - a form of pig latin, I think. Can't believe you remembered that morsel from your past. I DO NOT like hard, stale candy..., nor peeps of any kind. (But when I was pregnant, I once ate a very hard stale cinnamon bear I found under my typewriter at work. I'll be on the alert for your racing tendencies though. (Could you have been "racing" when you were pulled over?)
Love, Miberibulibun
Does anyone know what a typewriter is?

Maggs said...

Jules! I'm so glad that you remembered your promise to give me a heads up if you are ever racing me. I will never forget the bag of cinnamon bears that you kept getting mad at me for eating because you wanted them to get hard enough for you to enjoy! Gosh I miss being your roommate...William is great but i do miss your quirkiness!

red said...

JULIE~!!

I'm soo glad you race strangers everywhere. I do that all the time and therapists don't think it's normal :)(yah but I figured that out way before they did!)

I bet Grandma Brinkerhoff did the same thing.
You're awesome