Wednesday, April 30

The Half is Here!

Alright folks. This race is really happening. In 3 days. My bags are packed, I've managed to keep all joints, limbs, and muscles in good working order (though I DID almost disqualify myself from this event by falling off a curb during a very exciting conversation while walking with my darling friend Cami two weeks ago...luckily my quick reflexes (or divine intervention) saved me from any kind of ankle damage).

Now I have to not get paranoid. Tonight I packed every thing I will possibly need on race day in my carry on (just in case of lost luggage)...who cares if I have to wear sweaty shorts for the 2 days after, so long as I am happy on race day, all is well. I'm even tempted to wear my running shoes on the plane, just to make CERTAIN nothing happens to them....but that seems a bit extreme. I wonder if it's normal to be this paranoid. I have been exceedingly careful this week with my body...to avoid random meteors, falling palm branches, anything that could jeopardize my ability to participate in this dang race. Truth be told, the only injury I've sustained in the past 4 months involved laughing too hard with Areta last weekend while stretching to reach the gum I'd dropped in the car-which resulted in a strained muscle in my back for about 2 hours. All better now.

I'm excited. Nervous. Thankful. It will be an amazing experience...whether we are fast or slow...the company will be excellent, the scenery beautiful, and I will be grateful to be having the chance to do something that once seemed impossible.

8 comments:

LiNdsay said...

Jules, RUF here. Well as your life coach I must say you have done well. Remember to keep breathing and play the song over and over and over and over and over and over and over. text me. missing you forever, love ruf

Jules said...

Thanks Ruf, you've truly been an inspiration. As my life coach, you've gotten me through the last 2 days and I'm grateful for your constant support and encouragement. Keep Breathing!

Cindy said...

Good luck on your race! I'm sure you'll do great!

Mom B said...

You will be amazing! Have fun with darling Lisa. Wear the MOM shirt with pride. P.S. Can Rufio be my life coach too?

Maggs said...

Good Luck jules! I had assumed your 1/2 was in AZ...where is that you are flying to? I'm sure you'll do awesome and have SO much fun. Can't wait to hear about how you do--I'll be thinking of you on Saturday.

Anna said...

I will also be thinking of you, be sure to inform all your dedicated readers of your results. Good Luck. You are amazing

Michelle said...

wow! you should be proud. I am sure everything goes well. I hope you have a good flight and that no one brings a summer sasage to snack on. :)

Emily Holden said...

Good luck with the race! Sounds exciting! What an accomplishment! Way to go!
Emily