Tuesday, April 15

cRazY!

I love my job. Most of the time. There are days when I come home and when my roommates ask about my day I say "Well, today I am tired of dealing with the severely mentally ill." Please note the word SEVERELY. In all fairness I need you to know I'm talking about 2% of the people with whom I work. I have a great love and respect for my clients, their struggles and their strength. I am not tired of the kids ever. Sometimes tired of clients that tell me about the T-Rex and all of its capabilities, cat CPR and other bold animal rescues/deaths and/or funeral services, but even that is at least interesting. But today tired of people whose difficult life circumstances render them almost incapable of authentic and normal human communication. I feel bad for them. But sometimes I just feel bad for myself that I have to deal with them. To cheer myself up, sometimes these lyrics play in my head and make everything better. I used to tell my friend Tere that I was going to pipe them over the intercom at our job. Just pretending I would one day do it made a lot of days survivable...here are the lyrics...and if you get really serious about this, go watch the video. It's even done in inkblots. That smart Gnarls. He's something else...

I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind.
There was something so pleasant about that place. Even your emotions had an echo.
In so much space. And when you're out there, Without care,Yeah, I was out of touch.
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough. I just knew too much.
Does that make me crazy? Does that make me crazy? Does that make me crazy? Possibly.

And I hope that you are having the time of your life. But think twice, that's my only advice.
Come on now, who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you think you are?
Ha ha ha bless your soul, You really think you're in control?
Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, Just like me?

My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb. And all I remember is thinking, I want to be like them. Ever since I was little, ever since I was little it looked like fun. And it's no coincidence I've come.
And I can die when I'm done. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe you're crazy. Maybe we're crazy. Possibly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w

3 comments:

Maggs said...

i LOVE this song. My staff and I used to sing this at the top of our lungs as we worked at the residential treatment center! I am pretty sure the girls there thought we were much more crazy than themselves. I'm glad that you enjoy it too. I will give you a call this weekend when I finish my 1/2 and we can chat about how it went and how you are going to do! Much Love--

Anna said...

I'd never heard the lyrics like that. So interesting. Lincoln loves that sound, he gets all excited and sings the chorus very loud. How's the scorpin problem? better I hope.

Sher said...

Pally!!! I go on vacation for five days and miss so many fun posts - SO sorry!! I still can't get over the Ensign trick. But I definitely DO love you - and, in fact, it's time to get out a bag of cinnamon bears because somebody's b-day is just around the corner... I love you!!!